Thursday, February 3, 2011

First Drive: 2011 Lexus GS450h Review

2011 Lexus GS450h
Behaving like a caveman coming upon an iPad for the first time, my initial experience with the 2011 Lexus GS450h was as much disorienting as it was awe-inspiring. As I pushed the Start button, watching the telescoping wheel rise up (like Phoenix from the ashes?) and the dashboard illuminate, I waited for something to happen (hello?–earth to engine?). Nothing. Another try. Nada. After my 4th attempt the light bulb finally went on and I realized that this car, a hybrid variant of the strong-willed GS, actually starts silently (and I mean silently). It’s even absolutely quiet in reverse and at low speed cruising forward. But lest you now assume that the driving experience itself is a snoozefest of epic proportion, I can assure you that it is anything but…

No comments:

Post a Comment